Singer Instruments & Control provides a wide range of engineering services as part of our full turnkey solution policy. Our engineering team is experienced in transforming ideas and needs into products.
by taking your thoughts and wishes, writing them down and transforming them into a technical specification document
The specification document acts as a reminder for us of everything that is required as part of the project. Any feature not described in the Spec. will only be considered as a “nice to have”. Using our Spec. – we will brainstorm and create several preliminary concepts that can answer your needs and meet the requirements. During this phase, the different requirements are being assessed, compromises may be suggested and the project will begin to take form.
At the end of this stage, we will present you with our concepts and we will evaluate them together in a PDR – Preliminary Design Review. At the end of the review – you will choose either one concept or more, for us to continue working on towards a detailed design phase.
* Why work with us? – For every conceptual design phase we gather our engineering team for a brainstorming session, you may join it if you wish. Our team brings to the table our combined decades of experience and lessons learned from numerous and versatile medical, defense and also industrial projects. We always try to think outside the box, adhering to the number one rule of brainstorming – all ideas are valid, as long as they comply with your requirements.
Once we finalized the CAD design, we choose the appropriate materials, decide what tolerances are needed for counterparts to fit and operate together, consider manufacturing methods, finish processes, etc. A typical design project can be divided into 3 stages:
- Preliminary Design stage – during which we process the selected concept and develop it into a detailed 3d model of your system. All the physical and mechanical aspects will be in place and you will be able to see and understand the system, but the design will be partial (only what is necessary for us to understand the concept and visualize the solution).
We summarize this stage in a preliminary design review (PDR) presentation.
- Detailed Design stage – Taking the preliminary design further, we select and define the appropriate materials for each part, choose the manufacturing methods, select off the shelf hardware and fasteners and create an assembly model and produce detailed production drawings for each and every part of the system. Our drawings are standardized and include tolerances fitting the chosen manufacturing method. This stage ends with a Critical Design Review (CDR) Presentation.
- Prototype manufacturing and assembly – Finally we get to the fun part! We manufacture all the designed parts, order all the parts that are “off the shelf” and assemble the first prototype of your device! We take pride in our work, and as part of our quality service, we insist that your first prototype will be assembled by the engineer who designed it. We believe that our engineers deserve to be the first to test their own design (for good or bad).
This way – we will be able to provide an in-depth analysis of the assembly process and functionality reports,
helping us provide you with an effective improvement round – if needed.
* We typically ask for your approval on each stage, and typically consider the approval of a stage either a milestone, or a project deliverable.
Electronic design and manufacturing requires various methodologies and techniques, some of those capabilities we provide in-house, others are outsourced under our inspection and handling.
Our electronic engineers will first work on a process flow for your process, and then quickly transform it into an electronic scheme and a block diagram. After you approve our scheme and validate the block diagram, we would either create a crude breadboard prototype in our lab for initial testing, or have our partners create an electronic design file which includes all the necessary data for the PCB production – Gerber files, mechanical files, BOM, assembly instructions, etc. We create our own firmware and will help you with the testing protocols and V&V if needed.
full 2D or 3D electromagnetic simulations using finite elements
Using this computational method we can design any electromagnetic system – sensor, actuator, motor or other – from a concept to a functional prototype using just a few iterations. Optimization process is performed after each iteration, which means that your final device will already by both functional and optimized to meet your needs.
Prototyping and 3D Printing
We maintain in-house 3D printing capabilities (FDM and DLP) and a fully equipped workshop for our engineering team to work on your prototypes. Assembly is done in-house by the system’s designer in order to test the design, the assembly process and understand it’s readiness for mass production.
Our production facility is ready to assist in any manufacturing process that requires more advanced equipment, is too complicated for assembly in our workshop, or processes that require manufacturing expertise that exceeds the capabilities of our engineers.
I recommend early-stage entrepreneurs needing engineering inputs to start with Singer and any technology companies developing from simple to complex multidisciplinary assemblies or products to leverage Singer’s experience, expertise and resources to be their partners on this journey.
The solution was professional, fast and unique.
Later on I enjoyed working with them, the atmosphere of the work is pleasant, nice and professional people
Hope to continue cooperation in the future.
Their expertise, creativity, and ability to tailor technology to our priorities was essential in successful technology development. We greatly appreciate their hands-on approach and „do it now and here“ attitude.
They brought together great people, including excellent project and technical management leadership.
I’m happy to work with Singer Instruments and Control and would recommend their team for challenging MedTech projects.
Singer’s team possess rare R&D skills and techniques supported by solid manufacturing infrastructure that allows fast time to market.
I would not hesitate to recommend Singer to anyone requiring engineering and manufacturing services
As a young startup, it is important to have a cost-effective R&D partner and an enthusiastic team that walks with you hand in hand from prototyping to manufacturing.
Time and again, the team at Singer demonstrated an extremely high level of professionalism and dedication that produced most elegant and highly usable solutions.
Looking forward to continuing our collaboration in the years to come!
VTM Technologies Ltd